Last Updated on February 5, 2023 by BTS 101
BTS debuted on June 13, 2013, and every year they celebrate that anniversary with a Festa – a week-long event where they release exclusive fan content every day. This might mean photos (they have a special “family” photo shoot every year), solo tracks, behind-the-scenes videos of dance practices and public appearances, and interview footage. In most years there has also been a concert of some sort on the last night, which is often streamed online, even in years when an in-person audience was also in attendance.
The Festas have yielded some of the best BTS content out there and it’s worth it to track it all down. A few of the concerts are paid content on Weverse, but most of the rest of the content is still available for free on Weverse, Soundcloud, or YouTube. Start with this link on Weverse that collects Festa goodies and the BTS Wiki which has a large repository of images and links, too.
In the past, Festa usually began on June 6 or 7 and there was new content every day for a week leading up to June 13. Starting in 2023, with the members beginning their military service, Festa will likely go on hiatus for a few years.
First Festa – June 2014
- Cringy yet fascinating debut era photos, plus annual “family photo”
- Adult Child dance practice video
- Beautiful dance practice video
- First Annual KKUL (honey) 6.13 radio show, hosted by SUGA
- So 4 More (song)
- First Birthday Party – in their original dorm. Jin cooks, SUGA and Jimin decorate a cake.
Second Festa – June 2015
- Photo gallery and annual family photo
- Hug Me cover song
- War of Hormone goofy dance practice:
- Blanket Kick (Embarrassed) dance practice, featuring BTS make-out session and j-hope proving he’s the only member that can wear shorts
- We Are Bulletproof pt1 (this was originally recorded by the initial BTS lineup of RM, IRON & Supreme Boi in 2010; re-recorded by RM, j-hope, SUGA for Festa)
- Annual radio show
- Rehearsing Tomorrow for The Red Bullet concert in Seoul which took place in 2014
- Art contest winners
- BTS Quiz Show
Third Festa – June 2016
- RM and JK singing I Know
- I Know on Soundcloud
- Photo album
- Silver Spoon dance practice – Suga loses Rock Paper Scissors at the start and thus must do the final solo
- J-hope choreo practice for a solo he did at the Begin concert in 2015
- Annual radio show
- 6-13 mix of Young Forever (gorgeous)
- Special episode of Eat Jin featuring everyone
- Happy BTS Day party – a special paid-content concert (bundled with BV1), contains some musical performances plus skits and contests – find it on Weverse
Fourth Festa – June 2017
- Photo collection
- We Don’t Talk Anymore by JK and Jimin
- BTS Cam version of Wings – performance at a concert in Sydney
- Not Today choreo practice video – features Jungkook’s “slow motion forward roll” during the bridge
- I Like It pt 2 dance practice (is j-hope the smoothest man alive? Discuss)
- 4 o’clock – song by V and RM
- So Far Away – originally an AgustD song, here performed by SUGA with Jin and Jungkook
- Annual radio show (Subbed)
- BTS Home Party – a special concert shown live online, it was free but the 3 encore songs were for subscribers only. The Blood Sweat and Tears BTS parody is from this concert, also Jin and Suga winning Best Roommates (Jin raps, Suga sings trot, SO SO FUNNY), plus “baby” version of Dope, plus SO MUCH MORE, an absolute treasure. You can still watch it (without the extended encore) for free on Weverse.
- BST parody clip only
Fifth Festa – June 2018
This Festa featured a 2-hour concert called Prom Party. You can buy it on Weverse and it’s also on the Memories of 2018 DVD package.
Prom Party clips online:
- JK and Jimin dancing to Black and White at Prom Party – this clip is actually removed from the purchased vLive version due to copyright problems with the song
- Black and White dance practice
- Ddaeng rehearsal
- It’s Definitely You by V and Jin
- It’s Definitely You rehearsal
Fifth Festa Prom Party follow up: during the Prom Party, they do a “test” and j-hope comes last, and he needs to be given a punishment. The other six members combine to create a “punishment” that actually includes them all going to drink rice wine at Suga’s parents’ house in Daegu in a month’s time. They can’t make it to Daegu due to their schedules but they do go out to dinner together and get drunk and then put it all on vLive: https://www.vlive.tv/video/81815
Other 5th Festa stuff:
- Spring Day, Brit Rock version
- Golden Disc Awards dance practice (DNA, Not Today)
- In front of the post office in Autumn – a cover by Jin
- Best of Me practice (from 4th muster) – featuring j-hope and Jin in mysterious tiny ponytails
- Ddaeng released on soundcloud
- First annual BTS dinner party
- A Small Good Things List – a set of 7 Bangtan Bombs where each member lists the things that make them happy
- There are also translated video versions of these on Bangtan Subs
Sixth Festa – June 2019
- Photo album
- Anpanman self-cam version from a Love Yourself concert in New York
- Tonight, solo track by Jin, gorgeous
- MIC Drop choreo practice video
- Spring Day choreo video
- Euphoria, DJ Swivel remix version, with JK memories video, SO GOOD
- Bangtan Attic Interview
Seventh Festa – June 2020
- We are Bulletproof: The Eternal animated video, introducing the purple whale that represents ARMY
- Airplane pt2 poolside version
- Photo gallery
- Dionysus choreo practice video
- Still With You, JK solo track
- Choreo practice for 2018 MAMA awards
- MOTS7 SubUnit interviews:
- RM and Suga
- JK, j-hope, and Jin
- Jimin and V acting like an old married couple
- Map of the Song: 7 – karaoke competition between the members, singing each others’ songs from 7 (there’s also a behind the scenes with bonus clips here)
- First birthday party recreation
- Bomb of making of radio show
- Bang Bang Con Live – a live concert/performance/interview that they did on Weverse for fans. This isn’t technically Festa content but happened at around the same time and has a similar skit/song combo as the other Festa performances. You can buy it on Weverse and it’s also on the Memories of 2020 DVD set.
Eighth Festa – June 2021
- Family photo set, posted to Weverse
- Festa Profiles – annual check-ins and awards the members give each other. Original Korean set posted to Weverse – here’s an amazing Twitter Thread with English versions
- Dance Practice videos for ON (ON:E Concert dance break) and Black Swan (MMA Awards 2020)
- Butter Hotter MV and Cooler MV, plus Sweeter remix released on listening platforms
- Dynamite Dance Practice – cute and lovely version
- Mission! BTS 4 Cuts (Family Photo Shoot and Profiles making-of video)
- Bicycle – solo song by RM
- 2020 Photo Collection
- ARMY Profiles – in original Korean and you can find some translated versions on Twitter here
- School Year Festa Exam – find the exam on Weverse (downloadable PDF here), plus answers and BTS versions on Weverse, and a Bangtan Bomb of them taking the test
- BTS Room Live – 10 minutes of sheer joy in video format – a musical medley of their past hits, plus preview photos
- Stage Clip – Let Us Shine Again – Mikrokosmos from the finale of the last concert in Seoul on the Love Yourself tour
- BTS Corner Shop – long interview segment where they talk about their past, present, and future, so incredibly sweet and touching
- Closing ceremony – photos of each member taken by the other members
- Sixth Muster concert: SoWooZoo – this was paid content on Weverse for two nights with slightly different content each night. Hopefully it will be available on DVD soon!
- Technically for ARMY birthday (July 9, 2021), not Festa, but this clip of them singing their solo songs was filmed at the same time as the BTS Room Live – and you definitely want to watch it.
Ninth Festa – June 2022
This Festa coincided with the release of Proof and the single Yet To Come, which were dropped on June 10, 2022 – and so there was a lot of overlapping content. The content below was specifically for Festa.
- Family Portraits on Weverse – and a video showing them taking the pics
- 2022 OT7 Selfie collection on Weverse
- Several never-before-seen dance practice videos:
- We are Bulletproof pt 2 / No More Dream
- Am I Wrong
- MIC Drop
- Partial clip of Pied Piper (with Jimin freestyling)
- Best of Me
- Airplane pt. 2
- Black Swan
- Butter Special Performance (with Tae being hilarious)
- Butter Grammys 2022 Dance Break (missing Jin as he had a hand injury)
- My You – solo song for ARMY by Jungkook
- BTS Real Dinner Party – where they talk about burnout, taking a break from OT7 new releases for a while, closing of the dorm, and future solo projects
The Musters are special concerts that BTS hosts for their fans – so far these have only taken place in Korea. The first Muster was a one-time concert in Seoul in 2014 and BTS was thrilled to have over 3000 people in attendance, which seems very quaint when watching it today!.
Musters don’t follow a regular schedule; so far there have been six of them, with some of them also being performed in Japan as Japanese Musters or Fanmeetings. The more recent Musters have had multiple nights and sometimes multiple locations.
The Musters are some of the best concerts you’ll see and are well worth finding online or buying on DVD (even though they cost a fortune). Fifth Muster in particular was a spectacular journey through their older songs and an absolutely entertaining, dazzling concert from start to finish, but all are great.
First Muster – March 2014
Seoul Olympic Hall, audience of 3000
The members are very young here – JK is only 16, Jimin and V are 18 – and so excited to be having their first really big concert. They perform just about every song from the Skool era as well as a few covers. Has a skit where the members have to watch something scary, and no one is scared except poor j-hope.
1st MUSTER : https://youtu.be/wgjRD_tNhK0
Making of: https://youtu.be/N_PTR9Jn8M0
Second Muster: Zip Code 22920 – January 2016
Originally set for June 2015 but cancelled due to MERS outbreak; Hwajung Gymnasium and 9000 people attended
Includes a long interview segment in addition to song performances. A challenge wheel makes various members have dance offs and sing offs; members get to anonymously “complain” about each other.
part 1 : https://ok.ru/video/323840313869
part 2 : https://ok.ru/video/323840379405
Third Muster: ARMY.ZIP+ – November 2016
Total attendance over two dates 38000, Gocheok Sky Dome
Also has a long skit/interview segment. Suga and V have a high note/low note sing-off, there’s a long relay race, and they perform on segways. Host is Kim Young-chul, a Korean comedian and one of the hosts of the variety show Men on a Mission (aka Knowing Bros).
part 1 : https://ok.ru/video/1196271274669
part 2 : https://ok.ru/video/1196271405741
making film : https://ok.ru/video/250413386466
There’s also a legendary skit video called House of ARMY made for this muster that is a must watch.
- SUGA and Jimin performing Tony Montana (originally an AgustD song)
- V, Jin, and j-hope performing very silly kid-song versions of Dope, Boy in Luv, Fire
- Jungkook and RM singing I Know
4th Muster: Happy Ever After – January 2018
Gocheok Sky Dome, two dates, total attendance 40000
- Has the cotton candy memories opening VCR and overall theme
- ARMY Bomb fairy skit where they wear giant foam ARMY bomb heads
- Very cute fashion show where they wear animal onesies, but Jungkook is unexplainably a really tough carrot – and they perform I Need U in these (for the second date, which is not the DVD date, they mix up the animal onesies and this time Jin ends up with a silly chicken costume)
- Performance of Come Back Home – cover of a Seo Taiji and The Boys song with some new lyrics – also released as a digital single on Soundcloud in 2017
- No More Dream performed with a kick-ass dance break
- Legendary MIC Drop performance where SUGA’s earpiece doesn’t work, and RM and j-hope rap his parts instead
Fifth Muster: Magic Shop – June 2019
4 dates (2 Busan, 2 Seoul)
You can buy this one in digital version on Weverse- it is the last night, the second concert in Seoul. You can also buy it as a DVD package and it contains footage from both the Busan and the Seoul performances, but the package is now out of print and costs several hundred dollars online.
Unlike the other Musters, this one doesn’t contain a lot of skits or interview segments; it’s jam-packed with all their old hits from start to finish, intercut with a very funny video segment where Jungkook seeks therapy from the other six members.
Sixth Muster: SoWooZoo – June 2021
Online only, two performances
(Note that “SoWooZoo” is a more-or-less literal romanization of the title of the song “Mikrokosmos” in Korean.)
Combined with the 8th Festa, BTS performed for two nights online in June 2021; each night has slightly different content. The first night features an OT7 performance of the AgustD (Suga) song Daechwita; the second night features their Japanese song Film Out and an OT7 performance of j-hope’s solo track Chicken Noodle Soup, with RM and Jimin covering Becky G’s Spanish language section.
Both nights included some chit-chat segments where they remember old Musters and dive into their Twitter fandom hashtags, and there is a VCR (pre-taped video story) cut into both nights where the members drive in a camper van through a wasteland in search of a vibrant garden as their safe place. Both nights also devolve at some point into a member-on-member water fight; the second night sees quite a few dumpings!
Things can sometimes get really confusing online because BTS also does fan-focused special concerts in Japan. These are technically known as “Japan Fanmeetings” but are sometimes called Musters, and often have the same name as the Korean Musters. So if you are looking around for them online or looking to buy DVDs, make sure you are getting the version you want – Korean versus Japanese.
The Japanese Fanmeetings are worth tracking down though, because they often include very funny and offbeat content that you won’t see anywhere else. It’s also the only place that they perform their Japanese songs live, so if you love those, you can get a rare chance to see BTS sing them in front of an audience.
BTS Japan Official Fanmeeting VOL 1: 2 performances in May 2014 in Tokyo
BTS Japan Official Fanmeeting VOL 2: Undercover Mission – 5 performances in August 2015 in Tokyo and Osaka. In between the fanmeeting solo performances, they also dropped by the Japan Summer Sonic Festival 2015, in the same two cities.
BTS Japan Official Fanmeeting VOL 3: Reaching You – 8 dates in Nov/Dec 2016, in Fukuoka, Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka
- First performance of Otsukare, with SUGA and j-hope
- Gorgeous acoustic version of Boy In Luv, Danger, I Need U by Jin, Jimin, and V
- I Know by RM and JK
- Legendary Boys With Fun and Rise of Bangtan encore songs
BTS Japan Official Fanmeeting VOL 4: Happy Ever After – six performances in April 2018, 4 in Yokohama, 2 in Osaka. Shares a lot of content and same general theme with the 4th muster.
- Group version of Otsukare
- Spring Day performed in a variety of chef and food costumes
- Try here and here for online viewing
BTS Japan Official Fanmeeting VOL 5: Magic Shop – two days in November in Chiba, and two days in December 2019 in Osaka. Shares a lot of content and same general theme with 5th muster.